Tech support scams are an industry-wide issue where scammers trick you into paying for unnecessary technical support services. You can help protect yourself from scammers by verifying that the contact is a Microsoft Agent or Microsoft Employee and that the phone number is an official Microsoft global customer service number. I am on the verge of replacing my current tablet with a new one. What is the simplest way for me to tell Spotify that the device is no longer to be downloaded to and should be removed from the list of my devices that can use the service? Restart Echo and Phone or Computer. We shall start with the basic fixes first that tend to get. How to Disconnect Spotify from Facebook. If you signed up for Spotify by email and later connected Facebook, you can disconnect the two accounts and retain your listening history and preferences. You can only do this from the desktop app, though, not on a smartphone or tablet.
Here, we cover how to unlink Spotify from Google Home speaker devices. You may wish unlink (remove, delete) your Spotify account from a Google Home Speaker because either:
- You’ve cancelled your Spotify subscription, and just want to get rid of its remnants from your Google Home app settings, to minimize clutter.
- You’re giving the device to your parent, and wish to prevent him / her from learning what you listen to on Spotify. Yet you still wish to allow access to other music services set up on your Google account.
- You like different versions of music than what Spotify offers, and so, you temporarily wish to remove Spotify from your list of searchable music sources. Then, the songs you request will not be found by Google Home on Spotify, but instead, on one or more of your other active music services, which DO offer your desired song versions.
How to Unlink Spotify from Google Home: First Considerations
Spotify App For Windows 10
These unlink instructions assume that you’ve previously set up and linked a Spotify account to your Google Home assistant. If you have not, then you do not yet require this information. But if so, then read on.
So, to get your tablet ready for this work, be sure the Google Home app has been installed and linked to the Google account on which the Spotify account you wish to unlink is configured. Then, perform the following instructions:
How to Unlink Spotify from Google Home
1. Find the Google Home App on your Tablet
On our iOS based iPad, this app is located on page three of the home screen, as illustrated in the next picture by the pink arrow.
2. Run the Google Home App
Tap the Google Home app icon on the tablet home screen. After a short pause, the app displays itshome screen, as shown next.
3. Tap the Hamburger Link
Located in the top left corner of the home screen, as pointed at by the pink arrow in the previous picture. The Google Home app then displays its main menu, as shown next.
4. Tap the Music Link on the Main Menu Screen to Continue with How to Unlink Spotify from Google Home
Find this link, pointed at by the pink arrow in the just previous picture. The Music Service Choices screen then appears, as shown below.
5. Tap the Unlink item in the Music Services list for Spotify
This is shown in the previous picture.
Then, you get the Spotify Unlink Confirmation screen as shown next.
6. Finally, tap the UNLINK Button
Find that in the confirmation window shown above, as pointed at by the pink arrow. This removes your Spotify account information from the Google Home app and associated speaker devices, and then returns you to the Music Service Choices screen, as displayed in the next step.
If however, you encounter an error message, someone else, who shares your Google account, may have already deleted your Spotify profile from it for you. If concerned, check with anyone who has access, just to be certain that the information was not removed due to any sort of security breach.
7. Check that the Google Spotify Music Service is Now Unlinked from your Spotify Account
On the Music Service Choices screen, find the Spotify entry and look just beneath it. If you see a blue LINKoption, then your Spotify account information has indeed been successfully purged from Google Home. See the next picture for the location of that link, as indicated by the pink arrow.
However, if this link still displays as UNLINK, then the information was not properly removed. In that case, jump back up to step 1, and try running through this procedure again, paying close attention to any error messages that might appear along the way.
You can also verify that your Google Home speaker no longer plays music on Spotify, by requesting a song through it, from Spotify. For example, try something like
“Okay Google, play Christmas Medley by Neil Diamond on Spotify.”
If your Spotify profile has successfully been removed from the Google Home assistant, she’ll say back,
“Your music account needs to be linked first. You can do that in the Google Home app.”
8. Done with How to Unlink Spotify from Google Home!
But if you experience a change of heart, and would like to reinstate Spotify streaming on your Google smart speakers, then simply add back your Spotify account info into Google Home.
Other Posts About Google Home
Related Posts to How to Unlink Spotify from Google Home
References for How to Unlink Spotify from Google Home
- 2019-04-24: Shortened post URL deleted ad code, and added tags.
- 2018-04-09: Revised the post content.
- 2017-01-14: Originally published.
You may wish unlink your Spotify account from an Alexa host device because,
- You’re giving an Echo Dot to your child. Do, you wish to keep him / her from listening to adult stuff on Spotify. But you still allow her access to other features of your Amazon Alexa account.
- You cancelled your Spotify subscription. So you want to clear it our of your Alexa settings to cut clutter.
- You like other versions of music than what Spotify offers. Thus, you remove Spotify from your list of Alexa music sources. This way, Alexa does not find songs you request on Spotify. Instead, she gets them from your other active music services, which DO offer the versions you want.
How to Unlink Spotify from Alexa
Get tablet ready for this. Be sure to install Alexa app and link it to the right Amazon account (probably your Amazon account). This account should have the Spotify account you wish to unlink. Then, perform the following steps.
1. Find the Alexa App on your Mobile Device
On our iOS based iPad, we find the Alexa app page three of the Home screen. See this in the next picture.
2. Run the Alexa App
Tap the Alexa app icon on the tablet home screen.
The Alexa app Home screen then displays, as shown next.
3. Tap the Settings Link
Located in black and white menu at left side of the Alexa app home screen.
The Alexa app then shows its Settings screen, as seen next.
4. Tap the Music & Media Link to Continue with How to Unlink Spotify from Alexa
pointed at by the pink arrow in the just previous picture.
The Media Services screen then displays, as shown next.
5. Tap the Spotify Item in the Media Services List
as displayed in the previous picture.
Then, you get the Spotify Settings screen as shown next.
6. Tap the Unlink Spotify from Alexa link.
The Unlink Spotify Confirmation Prompt screen should then appear, as follows.
Disconnect Apps From Spotify Playlist
7. Finally, tap the Unlink Button to Continue with How to Unlink Spotify from Alexa
in that confirmation window.
This removes your Spotify account information from the Alexa app.
Then Alexa returns you to the Media Services screen, as displayed in the next step.
You might receive an error message though. Why? Because someone else who shares your Amazon account may have already deleted your Spotify profile.
8. Check that you Indeed Unlinked your Spotify Account
On the Media Services page, find the Spotify entry and look to the right of it. If there’s a blue Link Account on Spotify.com option, then your Spotify account info has been successfully deleted from Alexa.
You can also see that Alexa no longer plays music on Spotify. Try asking for a song on Spotify. For example, say something like
- Alexa, play Hey Brother by Avicii on Spotify.
If you successfully removed your Spotify profile the Alexa assistant, she’ll say back,
“To play Spotify, first link your premium account using the Alexa app.”
9. Done with How to Unlink Spotify from Alexa !
But if you change your mind, and would like to reinstate Spotify access on your Amazon smart speaker devices, then simply add back your Spotify account info in the Alexa app, as we explain how to do here.
Related Posts to How to Unlink Spotify from Alexa
References for How to Unlink Spotify from Alexa
- 2017-01-14: Originally published.