- Create Playlist On Spotify Free
- Create Playlist Of Albums On Spotify App Free
- Create Spotify Playlist On Computer
- Top Spotify Playlists
- How To Make Spotify Playlists
- Create Playlist Of Albums On Spotify App Store
Spotify’s Local Files feature lets you access your personal collection right within the app and even create playlists that mix Spotify’s songs with your own songs. Here’s how it works.
- You can see your Spotify listening history in several ways, on the platform's mobile and desktop apps.
- In its iPhone app, Spotify is currently testing a feature that lets you view months of listening history from the 'Home' page.
- You can also see a shortened version of your Spotify listening history when you use the mobile app's 'Add Songs' menu.
- In the desktop app, you'll find your listening history in a tab on the 'Play Queue' screen.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Spotify keeps close track of your listening history, both for your convenience and to personalize the music it recommends to you.
But if you're trying to find that listening history, you might need to jump through a few hoops. But once you find it, you'll get a completely up-to-date list of everything you've listened to recently.
Here's how to find your Spotify listening history, using both your phone and computer.
How to see your Spotify listening history in the mobile app
There are two ways to find your listening history in the Spotify mobile app. Both are available in the iPhone app, while only one is available in the Android app.
Spotify is currently testing a feature in the iPhone app that lets you see your complete listening history — you can go back months at a time, if you'd like. You can also choose whether you'd like to see what songs you've listened to, or the playlists you've used.
Create Playlist On Spotify Free
Since it's only a test, this feature may be removed in the future. But for now, you can find it here:
1. Make sure that your app is fully updated, and then open the Spotify app and tap 'Home' at the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap the icon in the top-right that looks like a clock. This will open up your Listening History page.© William Antonelli/Business Insider Since it's a beta test, there's a chance that this icon might not appear even on a fully updated app. William Antonelli/Business Insider
3. By default, you'll be shown all the playlists you've listened to recently. You can scroll down to see the last month or so of your playlist history.
4. To see your song-by-song listening history by tapping the icon in the top-right corner that looks like a peg — this will open a menu where you can select 'Songs and episodes.'© William Antonelli/Business Insider You can choose between playlists and albums, or specific tracks. William Antonelli/Business Insider
5. You can now see a full list of every song and podcast episode you've listened to for the past few months. Scroll down to see them all, and tap on any of them to play it.
You can also find a truncated version of your listening history through the 'Add Songs' section. You can do this on both an iPhone and Android device.
1. Start the Spotify app and tap 'Library' at the bottom of the screen.
2. Open one of your playlists. If you have no playlists, tap 'Create playlist' and then tap 'Create.'
3. Tap 'Add songs,' the small button below the name of the playlist.© William Antonelli/Business Insider Select the 'Add Songs' option. William Antonelli/Business Insider
4. On the 'Add songs' page, swipe to the left three times. You should land on the 'Recently played' list. This displays the last 100 or so tracks you've played on Spotify.
5. Tap the name of any song to play a preview, or tap the plus sign to add it to the playlist.
Create Playlist Of Albums On Spotify App Free© William Antonelli/Business Insider Your listening history is buried in the playlist editing pages. William Antonelli/Business Insider
How to see your Spotify listening history on the desktop app
Checking your listening history on a Mac or PC is much simpler.
1. In the desktop app, just click the Queue icon in the bottom-right corner of the window. It looks like three stacked lines with an arrow in one corner.
Create Spotify Playlist On Computer
2. Once you've opened your Queue, click 'History' near the top of the screen.
Top Spotify Playlists© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Listening history is also available on your desktop by clicking the Queue icon. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
How To Make Spotify Playlists
You'll now see the last 50 or so songs in your listening history. Just note that this history is cleared whenever you close the app, and only tracks the songs you've listened to on your desktop.